The Institute for Disability Innovation is proud to announce that 20 learners were found competent and received their Certificates. They completed the skills programme, Automotive Service Workshop Assistants and are registered on merSETA’s database. It is really a great achievement and milestone for each learner.
The award ceremony was held on the 1st December 2015 from 11:00 – 12:00 at the Institute’s Training Centre.
We would like to thank the following people for their participation:
- The Director and Chairman of the Institute, Mr Basil de Waal who was the Programme Manager.
- Kareeberg Municipality’s Municipal Manager, Mr Willem de Bruin who acted as the Institute’s Chancellor for the year 2015.
- merSETA’s Head of the Free State and Northern Cape provinces, Mr Gerhard Slabbert, who attended the ceremony and also took part in the certificate ceremony.
- Our guest speaker Mr André van Wyk from merSETA, please see his speech attached. Thank you for addressing our learners in their home language.
- Our sincere thanks also to our local DR Church Minister, Rev. Suzanne van der Merwe, who opened the ceremony with a beautiful scripture reading and prayer.
- To our academic procession who was elected by the Institute’s Board of Directors, thank you for being such proficient academic role models in our community