The Institute for Disability Innovation believes in skills training and community development and has committed itself to the following values statements:
- Identify, plan, organise and implement various necessary community development projects.
- Implementation of educational training programmes.
- Taking care of vulnerable babies, toddlers and children as well as persons challenged with learning and physical disabilities.
- Work closely with the various government departments in order to make a difference in the daily lives of the community on an on-going basis.
- Development of training aids such as manuals and handbooks.
EDUCATIONAL TRAINING EXPERIENCE
The Institute has good knowledge of:
- training methodologies
- learning management systems
- competency assessments
- keeping of records and documentation
- facilitation skills
- networking between local governments
- problem analysis and problem solving